California law requires properties to be maintained safe and hazard-free throughout the state. If you injured yourself because of slipping or tripping on another person’s property in California, you may be entitled to full compensation for your medical bills, future medical bills, pain and suffering, income loss, and other expenses related to your injuries.
Insurance companies will often try to pay you less than what you deserve. They may even try to blame you for your fall and offer to pay you nothing.
ANTN will provide you a representation by experienced and qualified injury lawyers. If someone else’s negligence results in your sudden and unexpected injury, you should work with a lawyer who offers legal advice and services based on your individualized circumstances and needs. And ANTN lawyers have years of experience and have successfully secured record-breaking settlements for their clients against big box stores, such as Target, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ralphs, and more.
Our experienced attorneys handle premise liability cases ranging from soft tissue injuries to traumatic brain injury cases for people all throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Orange, Ventura, and Kern counties.
ANTN handles all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, that means we charge absolutely no fees unless we win for you. We advance all costs associated with handling your case.
Common Premise Liability Cases We Handle:
- Slip and fall
- Wet floor
- Pool accidents
- Trip and fall
- Broken/uneven flooring
- Constructions sites
- Electrical cords running across the floor
- Broken stairs
- Improper lighting
- Puncture wounds and subsequent complications due to dangerous materials left on the floor
ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- Shopping malls, centers, and stores
- Parking structures
- Government buildings, sidewalks, roads
- Apartment buildings
- Hotels, motels, and vacation homes rentals
WHY CHOOSE ANTN?
- Your case will be handled by a premise liability attorney from the beginning to the end
- You don’t pay a dime unless we win for you
- Our lawyers will do the absolute best, more than any other law firm, to obtain you the maximum compensation possible for your needs and losses
- Our lawyers give each and every client a personalized attention
- ANTN has high-quality legal resources
- ANTN will help you obtain all the required medical treatments, even if you don’t have health insurance
- ANTN attorneys are known as aggressive litigators
- ANTN attorneys know how to negotiate and litigate all types of premise liability cases
After you retain us, you will find that we are committed to giving you our personal attention and are attentive to your need. Whether you need help getting money for medical bills or any other damage you sustained from your fall, we can help you get back on your feet. We are ready to listen to all your concerns. We will do everything possible to make you feel confident that you are not alone in this.
Call us today for a free and confidential case evaluation.
COMPENSATION YOU MIGHT BE ENTITLED TO:
Your premise liability claim could be worth far more than you think it is worth, and an ANTN lawyer will go over each type of available damage to claim and help you calculate what your compensation might look like. The parts of your settlement or verdict award could include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future loss of earning/income
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other non-economic damages
- Punitive damages, only in certain cases
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the incident
- Wrongful death (only for close relatives of the victim)
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR FALL:
Falling at somebody else’s place, especially in front of others, can be devastating, embarrassing, and painful. If you feel injured, immediately seek medical help after an incident. Most people underestimate the seriousness of their injuries due to the emotional state.
After seeking medical help, always ask for the documentations of records and bills of your treatments. Typically, there will be a brief waiting period until the medical assistance arrives. During this time, it is best to follow the store’s procedure of accidents. You must request an accident form from big stores that they will assist you to complete. Make sure you state all the facts as to what happened, what you observed, and all the body areas that are hurting. Never admit to liability or partial liability to anybody.
You should try to collect the following information while you are still at the scene:
- Name, phone numbers, and addresses of all the employees who you communicated with
- Name, phone numbers, and addresses of all the managers
- Name, phone numbers, and addresses of all potential witnesses
- Business cards
- Photographs of the scene, spill/object, persons, and your injuries
It is also important to journal what happened in very specific details as soon as you get a minute to yourself because clients tend to forget details a few weeks after an incident.
Your next step should be to speak to an experienced premise liability attorney so that a lawyer can act as the middleman between you and the store and the insurance companies. After you retain an attorney, you are allowed to refuse to speak to insurance company adjustors, refuse to give oral statements in certain circumstances, or have your lawyer there to protect you during all statements with others.
SHOULD YOU FILE A PREMISE LIABILITY CLAIM/LAWSUIT?
California is a pure comparative negligence state, meaning, you can still be entitled to compensation even if you are found to be partly at fault for the incident. The court or the jury would take the damages awarded to you and reduce it by the percentage that it is determined that you were at fault for the fall. The reduced amount would be your final settlement amount. What all this means is that if you injured yourself at somebody else’s property or at a public property, even if you feel you should have paid more attention, you may likely be entitled to compensation. Talk to an experienced ANTN premise liability attorney today to discuss your options.